Saturday, March 17, 2007

Time passes so quickly!

Wow - it's hard to believe that it has been almost a year since Eliza was born. She is such a blessing to me. She has truly made me a better person. I am forced to be more patient, more loving and more giving because her eyes are always watching me. She has taught me how to look beyond myself more and also to take a deeper look at myself (ouch!). When she chooses to come walking to me or when she says "mama" when I leave the room, even when she's unhappy with me, I am challenged to have more unconditional love. I am always inspired to learn and develop myself so that I can better take care of her needs.

It's been amazing to watch our family dynamics develop too. Now she is officially a "toddler" - walking all over our house. And when Mark is home, she's just as much of a "daddy's girl" as she is a "mommy's girl." I am also now 18 weeks along in my pregnancy, and starting to really think about what things will be like with another baby in the house. My most frequent thought is, "How will I ever love another child as much as I love Eliza?" In my mind I know that it's possible, that God gives you all the love you need. Wow - what love He must have for us!

No comments: